In view of the prevailing Covid-19 Pandemic situation, the Govt of Assam announces the “Special Financial Assistance for Traditional Folk Artists of Assam Scheme’2020-21” under the following category of Traditional Artforms:
Minimum Criteria for Selection of Beneficiaries:
1. The Minimum Age of the Artist must be 25 years as on 01-01-2020.
a. For Age Proof: Voter I.D/ PAN Card/ School Leaving Certificate or any relevant Documents from the Govt. will be accepted. Only one document should be uploaded.
2. The Applicant must submit one Certificate of competence issued either by Cultural Development Officer (CDO) wherever available or concerned Circle Officer (CO)/ Block Development Officer (BDO) or any officer authorised by the Deputy Commissioner of the concerned District.
3. No salaried persons/pensioners will be eligible under this scheme.
4. Annual Income of the Artist should not be more than Rs. 2 Lakh per annum. The Artist should be the sole earner of the family.The Applicant will either have to upload an income Certificate issued by a Competent Authority or a accept the concerned Self declaration point mentioned in the application/ Registration Form.
5. Artist Pensioner/Other Pensioner and persons who have already been qualified for Ex-Gratia Grant from Directorate of Cultural Affairs, Assam or any financial benefits from any other Department during March’2020 to June’2020 will not be eligible.
6. Bank Account Details (front copy of Bank Passbook where Account Details is printed) and Income Certificate from the competent authority must be uploaded.
7. The selected list of Artists will be published in the Local Dailies/Website.
8. Financial Support will be provided @Rs. 2000/- per month for three months (April, May and June). Selected Artists will receive the amount by DBT.
9. The Last Date of submission of Registration Form is on 29th June’2020.
10.The decision of the duly constituted Selection Committee will be final.
Click to Download the proficiency certificate format.